However, our definitions of worldwide (“mostly Vancouver”), super-elite (“nerds”) and hackers (“owns a computer”) are all extremely forgiving. Okay, let’s try that again: the marquee is a private community of mostly-Vancouver nerds who own computers.
Our interests include
- Celebrating the unique lack of style of the early-nineties internet.
- Wishing that we organized more LAN parties.
- Not actually organizing LAN parties. Nobody wants to play Tribes, it’s 2018.
- Shouting “Hack the Planet!” while wearing rollerskates.
- Operating a bunch of useful cloud services that we can share with our friends.
- Coding stuff, arting at stuff, drawing stuff, just generally being creative adults.
- Books, it turns out? Wow, we got old.
- Not being advertised at using metadata harvested from our private communications.
- Hi-jinks, lo-jinks, shenanigans, buffoonery, and outright nonsense.
Membership is not open, but if you know who I am, send me an email and we’ll get you set up with an account.